How do we lease your property faster and make you more money?
• We respond to ALL prospective tenant inquiries on the same day we receive them, regardless of the method of enquiry
• Prospective tenants are taken to your property sooner, we don’t give the tenant time to lose interest, we make a viewing time with the tenant straight away and try and get them through as soon they are able
• Generally people that have a job, and work, make good tenants, therefore, we understand showing properties during business hours is not always practical, we will show your property after hours!
• Your property is listed on seven different websites for maximum exposure
• We diligently maintain our prospective tenant database
• We give you honest and accurate feedback
• We keep you up to date on the leasing process
• Everyone of our rental listings will be listed with a minimum of five good photos
• We have an excellent working relationship with a large number of relocation agents
• The Director/Owner of the business actually runs the business, if your property is vacant it really matters to you as you do not get paid, it also matters to me as neither do we!
• Leasing your property, is our number one priority
How do we make sure your property is kept to a very high standard?
• All of our property condition reports are accompanied with more than 100 photos
• We have a strict quality control on any new management we take on, good properties attract good tenants!- We understand property management and structure our office to make sure we are never too busy to get problems sorted out straight away
• We have a very diligent tenant screening process, and we only lease properties to people that pass the test
• We carry out thorough routine inspections of your property and provide you an accurate report with photos
• Properties under our management look like homes, not rentals!
Proactive management of your property
• We use the industry leading property management software, providing you with the very best financial statements
• Zero tolerance rent arrears, whilst we manage a small portfolio, we manage it well, and so far our rent arrears list does not exist! Everyone of our tenants rent is paid on time, consistently
• Tenants are what make investment properties work, and when a tenant has a problem we sort it out
• We look after your tenant, so they look after your property
• We work on the theory that prevention is better than cure, where possible, we identify problems before they occur
We are a Corporate Member of the Real Estate Institute of Queensland (REIQ) and operate in within the REIQ member’s code of conduct.
Frequently Asked Questions For Investors
We understand that renting your property can be a daunting process, so we have created a list of frequently asked questions which may be of assistance to you. Of course, if you have further queries, please feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to help.
What is the process for someone wanting to rent my property?
The prospective tenant must first either view the property in person, or have someone view it on their behalf, for example a friend of relative.
We then provide the prospective tenant with an application form, or alternatively they can apply using our online application process.
Once we receive the signed application form, this grants us permission for to check the information provided.
Application forms can also be emailed, faxed or posted to prospective tenants if they are moving to the area and are unable to view the property themselves prior to moving. However, under the Residential Tenancies Act we do require a representative of the applicant to physically view the property prior to processing an application.
Who selects the applicant for my property?
You do! We will simply give you the information we have collected and by using our experience give you a recommendation as to who should be selected, but it is always your choice!
How do you promote my property?
Once we have a signed Management Agreement authorising us to act on your behalf, we list your property in the following forms of advertising:
* Internet – Your property details with photos, is entered onto the following websites, maximising coverage to any prospective
tenant using the Internet to locate a rental property. Your property will be listed on the following websites:
just to name a few
When do I get paid my rent?
We will deposit all monies collected into your nominated bank account after the last business day of the month, so that we can provide you with accurate end of financial year summary statements.
Do you inspect the property at the beginning of a tenancy?
We conduct a comprehensive inspection of your property when a tenant first moves in.
We inspect your property area by area (lounge room, bedrooms, kitchen, bathrooms, front and rear yards, garage etc) and then all items present in each area (walls, ceiling, light fittings, curtains, windows, stove etc).
We then itemize each item and report on its condition and cleanliness, then a brief description and detail about each item, including any marks, scratches or dents etc… This is compiled into what is called a Property Condition report, which is a one off expense when you first lease your property and is used to identify any damage at the end of the tenancy.
The property condition report is also a very useful reference from a maintenance perspective as it reports the brand, type and model number (if possible) for all appliances and fixtures (eg. hot water system, reticulation system etc…) so we can pre-warn contractors allowing them to bring the correct parts to minimize labor costs.
We also take comprehensive photography of each property which assist us in monitoring the condition of the property as well as handle final bond disputes effectively.
How much bond do you collect from the tenant?
In accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act 1987, you cannot ask for more than the equivalent of 4 week’s rent, however the following exceptions apply:
* If the rent is more than $1200.00 per week then a higher bond amount can also be negotiated.
If the tenant has a pet, can I ask for an extra bond (a pet bond)?
The maximum allowed as a ‘Pet Bond’ is $260.00 – regardless of the number of pets, this is to cover the cost of fumigation upon vacating the property.
No animals may be kept on the premises without the owner’s permission. And no pets are permitted to live inside of a rental property.
What do you explain to the tenant when they move into the property?
We advise Tenants of the most important expectations. For example, how they must pay their rent on time, where to pay their rent, what actions are taken if they do not pay their rent. We discuss our repairs and maintenance policy, what happens in an emergency repair situation, how often inspections occur and what our expectations are for inspections.
We also reiterate any specific items relating to individual properties, for example pool/spa maintenance, care instructions for stainless steel appliances etc…
We also supply the tenant with a copy of the Property Condition report, explain how they must check, sign and return the copy of the form within three business days, a photo copy is given to the tenant will our signature, a copy is also made for the owner, we keep the original. We explain the bond lodgment procedure and get them to sign the Bond Lodgment Form.
We also provide them with a copy of ‘Renting a home in Queensland” a booklet produced by the Rental Bond Aurthority, outlining tenancy rights and obligations.
What does the tenant sign?
We prepare a standard Lease agreement which includes all of the details of the tenancy including any terms and conditions.
We explain the agreement in detail to the tenant prior to it being executed. We will then send the owner a copy of the signed tenancy agreement, for their records.
Can you sell my property for me?
As we are a specialist property management agency, we do not offer a sales service, however, we do work closely with a number of sales agencies and can certainly arrange an appraisal on your behalf either by your preferred agent, or we can arrange a sales representative from another agency to contact you.
We are happy to work with any real estate agency and will gladly support any existing sales based relationships you may already have.